Landlord - Tenant Forms
Where can I find court approved forms?
The Virginia Judicial System has a number of forms for each court available on the court's form page. You can also access forms by entering the form number or a keyword in the search box on the court's form page, which is located in the upper right hand corner of each page above the navigation column.
Motion and Order for Voluntary Nonsuit (Form # DC-419)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc419inst.pdf
Motion for Show Cause Summons or Capias (Form # DC-420)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc420inst.pdf
Summons for Unlawful Detainer (Civil Claim for Eviction) (Form # DC-421)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc421inst.pdf
Notice of Hearing to Establish Final Rent and Damages (Form # DC-422)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc422inst.pdf
Distress Petition (Form # DC-423)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc423inst.pdf
Warrant in Debt-Interpleader (Form # DC-428) (Landlord)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc428inst.pdf
Tenant’s Assertion and Complaint (Form # DC-429)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc429inst.pdf
This online self-help tool on the Virginia Legal Aid website fills out a form for tenants to have a landlord fix serious damage to the rental unit or home where they live. You can set up a free account to save answers and return to finish later. Print the form when completed to deliver to the court.
Tenant’s Petition for Relief from Unlawful Exclusion (Form # DC-431)
- Instructions: https://www.vacourts.gov/forms/district/dc431inst.pdf
Affidavit for Summons in Interpleader (Form # DC-432)