Landlord - Tenant Forms

Where can I find court approved forms?

The Virginia Judicial System has a number of forms for each court available on the court's form page.  You can also access forms by entering the form number or a keyword in the search box on the court's form page, which is located in the upper right hand corner of each page above the navigation column.

District Court

Motion and Order for Voluntary Nonsuit (Form # DC-419)

Motion for Show Cause Summons or Capias (Form # DC-420)

Summons for Unlawful Detainer (Civil Claim for Eviction) (Form # DC-421)

Notice of Hearing to Establish Final Rent and Damages (Form # DC-422)

Distress Petition (Form # DC-423)

Warrant in Debt-Interpleader (Form # DC-428) (Landlord)

Tenant’s Assertion and Complaint (Form # DC-429)

This online self-help tool on the Virginia Legal Aid website fills out a form for tenants to have a landlord fix serious damage to the rental unit or home where they live. You can set up a free account to save answers and return to finish later. Print the form when completed to deliver to the court.

Tenant’s Petition for Relief from Unlawful Exclusion (Form # DC-431)

Affidavit for Summons in Interpleader (Form # DC-432)

Table of Contents