How to Change Your Address

If you have a court case, you must keep your address up-to-date.

Please use this form and file it with the court handling your case.

NOTE: Pursuant to Virginia Code § 16.1-88.03, parties not represented by counsel, and who have made an appearance in the case, shall promptly notify in writing the clerk of court wherein the litigation is pending, and any adverse party, of any change in the party’s address necessary for accurate mailing or service of any pleadings or notices.  In the absence of such notification, a mailing to or service upon a party at the most recent address contained in the court file of the case shall be deemed effective service or other notice.  (Bold added)

Last updated on .
How helpful do you find the information on this page?
Please tell us why this page wasn't helpful
About text formats

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and email addresses turn into links automatically.
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.

Table of Contents


    News & publications

    The news about recent activities for needed peoples.

    More News

    2 Jul 2024

    Eviction Defense Center website help

    Virginia Poverty Law Center staff will be at the main branch of the …

    Continue Reading

    20 Oct 2023

    Guide to Virginia Legal Information Resources (2023)

    This document includes a list of legal information resources covering topics as…

    Continue Reading