Landlord - Tenant

Housing cases, such as eviction (also called unlawful detainer), are heard in the General District Court. There are some resources you may find helpful, whether you are a landlord or a tenant.

This is a very technical area of law with strict deadlines.

A little legal advice goes a long way, especially if a subsidized housing interest, such as a Section 8 Voucher, is involved. Be sure to visit Find a Lawyer and check with your local court for local resources.

The "Housing Law" section of VA Law Help 2 Go website offers three videos discussing:

Additional information about this topic is located at these websites:

Where can I find court forms for landlords and tenants?

Visit the Landlords and Tenants Forms page for more information.

How helpful do you find the information on this page?

Add comment

Landlord - Tenant

Table of Contents